Canada is a land of opportunities, and for those in a committed relationship, the Interdependency Visa can be a gateway to a new life together in this beautiful country. The Interdependency Visa is a type of spousal or partner visa that allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their foreign partners to come and live with them in Canada permanently. In this article, we will discuss the requirements for the Interdependency Visa.
To be eligible for the Interdependency Visa, you and your partner must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of interdependent relationship: You must prove that you and your partner have been in a committed relationship for at least one year. This can be done through joint financial accounts, shared bills, joint ownership of property or assets, and any other documentation that proves your commitment to each other.
- Age: You and your partner must be 18 years of age or older.
- Legal marital status: You and your partner must be legally unmarried. If either you or your partner has been married before, you must provide proof of divorce or annulment.
- Medical examination: You and your partner must undergo a medical examination by a designated physician.
- Security and criminal background check: You and your partner must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for more than six months since the age of 18.
- Sponsorship: You must have a Canadian citizen or permanent resident sponsor who is willing to provide financial support for you and your partner.
- Financial requirements: Your sponsor must meet certain financial requirements to sponsor you. They must prove that they meet a minimum income threshold or have sufficient assets to support you and any dependents.
- Language proficiency: You and your partner must be able to communicate in either English or French. You may be required to take a language test to prove your proficiency.
- Application process: You and your partner must lodge your visa application together, and you must provide supporting documents to prove that you meet all the requirements.
It is important to note that the Interdependency Visa application process can be complex and time-consuming. You may want to consider hiring an immigration agent to help you with your application.
If you are in a committed interdependent relationship with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible for the Interdependency Visa. However, you must meet all the requirements set by the Canadian government. If you have any questions or concerns about the visa application process, it is best to seek advice from an immigration agent. The Interdependency Visa can be the start of a new life together in Canada, so make sure you take the time to fully understand the requirements and prepare a strong application.