If you are planning to apply for a UK fiancé(e) visa, there are certain documents that you will need to provide to support your application. These documents are necessary to prove your eligibility for the visa and to ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible. In this article, we will go through the required documents for a UK fiancé(e) visa.
- Valid passport: You will need to provide a valid passport or travel document with a minimum of six months validity remaining.
- Passport-sized photographs: You will need to provide two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Relationship documents: You will need to provide evidence that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with your fiancé(e). This includes documents such as engagement photos, correspondence between you and your fiancé(e), and evidence of any joint activities or trips.
- Proof of finances: You will need to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirement of the UK fiancé(e) visa. This includes bank statements, payslips, and proof of income from any other sources.
- English language requirement: You will need to provide evidence that you meet the English language requirement. This can be done by taking an approved English language test or by proving that you are a national of a majority English-speaking country.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test certificate: If you are from a country where a TB test is required, you will need to provide a valid TB test certificate.
- Police certificate: You will need to provide a police certificate from any country that you have lived in for more than 12 months in the past 10 years.
- Travel itinerary: You will need to provide a travel itinerary, including details of your flights and accommodation.
- Proof of intent to marry: You will need to provide evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within six months of your arrival in the UK. This can include wedding invitations, booking confirmation for the venue and any other supporting documentation.
- Biometric information: You will need to provide your biometric information, which includes fingerprints and a photograph.
Providing the correct documents is crucial to a successful application for a UK fiancé(e) visa. By ensuring that you have all the necessary documents, you can increase your chances of being granted a visa to join your fiancé(e) in the UK. It is recommended that you seek the assistance of an experienced immigration lawyer or consultant to ensure that your application meets all the necessary requirements.