The UK Fiancee Visa, also known as the UK Settlement Visa, is a visa designed for individuals who are engaged to be married to a UK citizen or permanent resident and wish to join them in the UK. In this article, we will outline the requirements for obtaining a UK Fiancee Visa.
UK Fiancee Visa Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a UK Fiancee Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You and your partner must be at least 18 years old.
- You and your partner must have met in person and have a genuine and subsisting relationship.
- You and your partner must intend to get married within six months of your arrival in the UK.
- You must meet the financial requirement, which is currently £18,600 per year. This requirement can be met through employment income, savings, or a combination of both.
- You must have suitable accommodation for you and your partner to live in the UK.
- You must meet the English language requirement, which means passing an approved English language test.
- You must not have a criminal record or pose a threat to national security.
To apply for a UK Fiancee Visa, you must first complete an online application form and pay the application fee. You will then need to provide supporting documentation to prove that you meet the eligibility requirements. This may include:
- A valid passport or travel document.
- Proof of your relationship, such as photographs, emails, or other forms of communication.
- Evidence of your intention to marry, such as a wedding invitation or booking confirmation.
- Evidence of your finances, such as payslips, bank statements, or a letter from your employer.
- Evidence of your accommodation, such as a rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- Evidence of your English language ability.
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department. If your application is successful, you will be granted a visa to enter the UK for six months. During this time, you must get married to your partner and apply for a further extension of your visa.
Obtaining a UK Fiancee Visa can be a complex and time-consuming process, but it is an important step for couples who wish to start their life together in the UK. To ensure that your application is successful, it is important to meet all of the eligibility requirements and provide comprehensive and accurate supporting documentation. It is also advisable to seek professional assistance from a registered immigration advisor or solicitor to guide you through the application process.